Who are we?
Our technology is created with caregivers, patients, and families in mind. We strive to provide solutions that improve patient outcomes, enhance patient safety, increase health equity, and reduce risk while increasing revenue.
The success of our clients is at the core of what we do, driving our continual efforts to build customizable solutions with flexibility and scalability to fit the needs of each client and their patients. We strive to lower the cost of care, improve population health management, ease the provider-patient lines of communication, and simplify each patient’s care journey.
If you are passionate about quality and helping to create, build and deliver products that help to improve people’s health and their lives, come join our team.
As a Junior Quality Engineer, you are innovative and passionate about all things quality. You will be part of the Quality Assurance Team, which includes other quality engineers and management. The Quality Assurance Team works in partnership with developers, engineering managers and product managers to maintain existing functionality, implement new features and create VitalTech’s newest generation of products.
Your prior quality assurance/engineering experience allows you to contribute to the ongoing evolution of the quality methodology to sustain and enhance ongoing product quality. This role focuses on test planning, test authoring, test execution, and investigative analysis of defects with an emphasis on a shift left quality methodology and process focus.
Testing focuses on component level testing and covers first stages of testing of new functions, and products; using multiple testing techniques. Objective is to identify design issues and missing requirements early in the process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for verifying software developed in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Designs and executes detailed test cases.
- Reviews test plans/sets/cases with other project team members to ensure total test coverage.
- Prioritize test cases for current and new business objectives and automation testing initiatives.
- Clearly communicates status of task items in daily meetings including any issues that are currently impeding progress.
- Must be a self-directed individual with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Duties include:
- Design and maintain detailed test cases/scripts
- Perform multiple levels of testing to meet business and client requirements and expectations.
- Perform other testing as necessary including performance, security and integration.
- Write clear, concise, descriptive bug reports
- Verify bug fixes
- Verify software is ready for release and production use.
- Work and communicate effectively with other product development teams.
- Manage work effort and communicate status or assigned tasks clearly and on time
- Take responsibility for developing business and technical knowledge
- Assist in test automation
- Perform other/additional duties and projects that maybe periodically assigned
- Work with Support Team to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or 5+ years of equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of software quality engineering experience with testing web and mobile applications and services.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Working knowledge of web application and services design and testing.
- Working knowledge of mobile applications design and testing in Android and iOS.
- Possess excellent listening, presentation, and communication skills
- Bonus Experience
- Programming knowledge or experience in at least one scripting discipline
- Experience working with a Managed Care or Medical Insurance industry
- Experience testing medical devices (glucometer, pulse oximeter, thermometer)
- Experience working with test automation tools and frameworks
- Experience using JIRA
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance