June is Men’s Health Month! We, at VitalTech, are bringing awareness to the various health conditions that men suffer from and encouraging men, boys, and families to practice living healthy lifestyles. With early detection and appropriate treatments, these conditions can be managed or even prevented.
Did You Know?
Compared to women, men generally live five years less. Among the leading cause of death; cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and suicide, men have a higher mortality rate . One in two men will develop cancer, as opposed to one in three women . The American Cancer Society estimates about 34,500 deaths from prostate cancer in 2022  . According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) women are 100% more likely to seek physician care for annual examinations and preventative services than men . Furthermore, men are much more likely to be uninsured .
How to Live a Healthier Lifestyle
Research has shown that compared to women, men are more likely to, drink alcohol, smoke, and lack physical activity. These all lead to men living generally less healthy lifestyles. Start improving your mental and physical health today with the following:
- Know your family’s health history. Talk to your family, ask questions, record and share your health information with your doctor and other family members.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Choose vegetables, fruits, high-fiber foods, and lean sources of protein. Using VitalCare technology, you can track your nutrition intake to ensure you are following a prescribed meal plan based on your condition. For example, utilize the VitalCare nutrition module to confirm you are within your sodium thresholds.
- Increase physical activity. Involve yourself in activities you enjoy such as walking, biking, swimming, golfing or tennis. VitalCare syncs with the Apple Health, Samsung and Google Play ecosystems, making it easy to track your daily activities.
- Quit smoking. Improve your health and reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, lung disease and other smoking related diseases. Check out some of the tools and tips from Smokefree.
- Manage stress. Reducing stress can lower your risk of other conditions like heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, and depression.
- Limit alcohol consumption. This can reduce you risk of long-term health problems.
- Get regular checkups. Talk to your physician about scheduling annual examinations. With VitalCare, you can communicate with your care teams through our HIPAA secure portal. You can receive notes on care reviews and progress by your physicians and utilize the multi-user video calls for remote visits & virtual check-ins, eliminating unnecessary visits to the emergency department or physician’s office.
How We Can Help
If you are currently struggling with chronic health conditions, we are here for you. VitalCare is ideal for patients with heart failure, diabetes, COPD, obesity, and long COVID. VitalCare takes a proactive approach to health care with features that track vitals, macro nutrients, medications, and much more! To learn more about the various ways VitalCare can support you, click here.